nagios latency

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Thu Jul 28 10:12:24 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:49:51AM +0200, Marcello Russo wrote:
> the lacked activation of the electricity-generating group: 600 not
> running server!

It's a big group.
You can install 4-5 nagios servers for every 100-150 hosts with disabling notification and transferring data to one place and install one central for getting information from them. Central server have only passive checks (no problem with latency or CPU load) and only this server have enable notifications.
Host checks never running on central server -- he get this information from distributed net. It's possible in Nagios 2.

> In the file checks.c the function run_service_check permit the
> multiple execution of the scheduled services, which is not
> implemented in the run_host_check.
> Why you use a serial method for the host check?
> If is possible and if you want, we can work together for a solution.

See TODO list:
http://nagios.org/development/upcoming.php

By.
Dmitriy