Length of service information

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Jul 5 01:31:06 CEST 2005

Please don't hit the reply button when creating a new thread. It's very
annoying for those of us who use thread-based views in our mail-clients.

DeppDepp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a short question: In Nagios 1.2, the service information must not
> be longer than about 500-700 characters, or else the status will always
> be "OK". Furthermore, the service information is cut if it is longer
> than about 320 characters.
>
> So I wonder if this will be fixed in Nagios 2.0 - or if there is even a
> fix for Nagios 1.2 (well, don't think so, after I searched so much).

This is fixed by design in Nagios 2.0. Note however that no command
passed to the shell can exceed 4096 bytes, so with extremely long
service-description fields you'll run in to other problems.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer