modifying email alerts : Defaults do not suffice

Trevor Warren trevorwarren at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:29:29 CET 2005

Morning Friends,

 I have been a user of nagios for quite some time now. At one of my
customers locations we are having issues with the email alerts being
obtained from NAGIOS. If you see the emails Nagios is sending out you
will notice that there is no information of the service which has gone
down but only a change of state to "State : DOWN".

 This is getting a little painful since these alerts are sent to VP's
and MD's of the organisation and i would like to send across alerts
with the right information in it.

 Plese check these emails below and suggest what modification in need
to perform in the "misccommands" file to have the emails send out
proper "Service" information.

 Thanks in advance friends.

Trevor

#####################
#Alert Email
#####################
nagios <nagios at tivolinsdl.co.in> to me
         Show options    Jan 21 (15 hours ago)
***** Nagios  *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM
Host: tinsvr1
State: DOWN
Address: 172.16.12.14
Info: (No output!)

Date/Time: Fri Jan 21 16:17:08 IST 2005

begin 666 InterScan_Disclaimer.txt

#####################
#Alert Acknowledgement
#####################

nagios <nagios at tivolinsdl.co.in> to me
         Show options    Jan 21 (15 hours ago)
***** Nagios  *****

Notification Type: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Host: tinsvr1
State: DOWN
Address: 172.16.12.14
Info: Checked by Trevor on 21st Jan 2005

Date/Time: Fri Jan 21 16:21:36 IST 2005

begin 666 InterScan_Disclaimer.txt
M*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ*BHJ