Again some pattern matching problem now with use_true_regexp_matching=0

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Jan 19 09:15:38 CET 2005

Robert Bossecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when trying no true patterns in service definitions all went fine with
> "*" substitutions,
> at least when using the asterisk at the end.
>
> i tried then using "?" in patterns and it failed.

Which is expected behaviour. ? by itself is not a special regex char,
but a wildcard. There's a difference.
I suppose you have the use_regexp_matching enabled?

> i have defined hosts named "sapt11ms" "sapt12ms" and so on
>
> now i created a service definition with a host_name "sap???ms" and
> nagios complained
> that there are no matches

Try host_name sap...ms
I know the docs state otherwise, but I know for a fact that the regex
matching is fairly new and replaced wildcard substitution not very long
ago. It might just be that the docs aren't up to date with the code (it
is beta after all, and people who want regex matching usually knows how
to write regexes).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer