Nagios hosting & CGI config path

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Mon Jan 17 17:30:21 CET 2005

I'm looking to set up a machine such that several groups can
each own their own Nagios instance. I'd like to be able to set
up a new environment pretty easily as I expect more groups will
want one as the service grows. I forsee a problem with the CGI's
since the path to their config file must be set at compile time.
Although it is feasible to automate a ./configure [..]; make;
make install, I'd like to have all the instance share one set of
binaries.

May I suggest that the CGI's be modified to accept the path to
the cgi.cfg from an environmental variable passed from the
webserver? It could function as an override to the compiled-in
default.  That way creating a new environment will just require
creating some config dirs and writing some text to the webserver
config.

Thanks,
-Jason Martin
--
Useless Invention: Papier mache step ladder.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.