2.0b1 on Solaris

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jan 14 16:44:02 CET 2005

Ethan Galstad wrote:
> Mark Anderson submitted (un)setenv replacement code recently, but I
> think it would be better to use the native (un)setenv() calls when
> available and back off to putenv() when needed.  I'll make a CVS
> commit shortly with this.  The putenv() call will leak memory, but
> only in child processes, and that should get cleaned up by the OS
> when they exit.

Even if ...

for(i=0; environ[i]; i++) free(environ[i]);
environ = NULL;

... ? It should be safe to free all of it and null it out at the end of
execution, since symbols are already resolved.

I haven't researched or tested, but perhaps extern char **environ; isn't
  available on all too many systems.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer