spclose()

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Fri Jan 7 19:47:58 CET 2005

I'm looking over the recommended function spclose() in the nagios-plugins
package, and am confused about the output. Basically, it's supposed to
return the output of the program I am trying to run, which is nice.... but
on errors, it's supposed to return 1. This seems a rather unfortunate
choice, because now I can't tell if spclose had an error or if my program
really did return 1.

Am I looking at this wrong?