Embedded Perl Nag 1.2 SEGVs with threaded Perl Was: SEGV in 2.0b1 (tarball from Nagios.ORG) - at exit(result): FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE/pthread lib.

Wed Jan 5 11:30:08 CET 2005

Dear Folks,

Unfortunately, threaded Perl on FreeBSD 4.x appears unstable.

During a fairly exciting evening of attempting a 1.2 upgrade with
threaded Perl 5.8.5

1 Perl appeared to core dump when syntax checking the plugins (
  find /usr/local/nagios/libexec/ -exec grep -q '/bin/perl' -print
    | perl -ne 'perl -c $_' sort of thing)

2 Embedded Perl Nag ran for about 10 mins then SEGV'd.

This was in a maintenance window and my technique was poor so there is
no info about the cause of the SEGV. I'll try and run it under gdb on a
suitable occasion.

It's prob a FreeBSD thing rather than Nagios (since 1.2 has been stable
with 5.005_03 for yonks on this platform).

Yours sincerely.

--
Stanley Hopcroft

IP Australia