SEGV in 2.0b1 (tarball from Nagios.ORG) - at exit(result): FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE/pthread lib.

Wed Jan 5 05:16:54 CET 2005

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:22:42PM -0600, Ethan Galstad wrote:
> Hi Stanley -
>
> I've modified the configure script to add the -DWITH_THREADS flags to
> the compiler options.  If you find this is better left out, let me
> know.  Should be in CVS soon.  Thanks!

What I intended was that Nagios 2.0, a threaded app, needs a threaded
Perl.

At this stage, apart from having Nag 2.0b1 (tar ball) pass the
pre-flight with a threaded Perl (5.8.5), I don't know whether it
actually works - until tonight (about 3 hours away) when I replace 1.2
with the 2.0b1.

I think configure needs to be changed to barf if it detects a non
threaded Perl with the configure options --enable-embedded-perl (or
--with-perlcache).

( -DWITH_THREADS is an option for the FreeBSD perl port [make
-DWITH_THREADS in the Perl port directory]; the FreeBSD port is built
sans threads by default.

WITH_THREADS is not used by any of the embedded Perl support in Nagios
2.0 or 1.x AFAIK).

Sorry for the noise.

--
Stanley Hopcroft