CPU leak on nagios-2.0b2

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dkirhlarov at oilspace.com
Thu Feb 24 14:52:14 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 02:14:47PM +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
> >>85% CPU load is equivalent (roughly) to 0.85 as reported by uptime.

It's not equivalent.

> man uptime. I think your snmp implementation is somewhat broken or

load average -- how much processes in the queue.

Mine snmp-counter -- how much processes ticks in work, and how much in idle in time period.

> >If we have stable load ~80% -- no problem.
> >But CPU load _increased_ from 30% when we started nagios to 80% during 24
> >hours approx.
> >

> The fact that the load increases when you run applications is pretty
> obvious after all. Nagios is a bit of a resource hog since it has to run
> a lot of programs to do the actual checks. You really should try to run
> nagios on a dedicated server that doesn't really have a load until you
> start nagios on it.

...it's my english. sorry.

No. You say about normal situation and I have not question.
But it's not my situation.
I starting nagios.
Summary CPU Load counter _30%_.
No another task running.
After 24 hours my summary CPU Load -- _80%_.
If I stop the nagios and start him again I get CPU Load 30%.
After another 24 hours I get CPU Load 80% again.
Without any another tasks on this machine in this time.

--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 4, B. Spasskaya str. room 01, 107978 Moscow, Russia
P:+7 095 787 4700 F:+7 095 787 4701 E:DmitriyKirhlarov at oilspace.com
OILspace - The resource enriched - www.oilspace.com