clean_macro_chars() no longer called in utils.c in 2.0b1 ?

Thu Feb 3 22:47:52 CET 2005

Dear Folks,

Nagios 2.0b1 appears not to clean illegal characters from certain macros
as documented.

Whereas 1.2 has a logical case formed by an 'if then else if ..' chain
to clean the macro content depending on the macro name, the 2.0b1 code
relies on a flag named clean_macro that is only cleared (as far as I
can see).

tsitc> grep clean_macro utils.c
        int clean_macro=FALSE;
                clean_macro=FALSE;
                                        if(clean_macro==TRUE)

strncat(output_buffer,(selected_macro==NULL)?"":clean_macro_chars(selected_macro,options),buffer_length-strlen(output_buffer)-1);
char *clean_macro_chars(char *macro,int options){

/* added cruft */
        printf("\tEntering utils.c/clean_macro_chars.\n");
                printf("\tLeaving utils.c/clean_macro_chars.\n"

(The last two (2) printfs are added by me to examine why
clean_macro_chars() wasn't cleaning. It wasn't cleaning because it
wasn't called).

This may have been fixed in the CVS and I apologise if it has.

Would a patch that implements a case selection of the documented
cleansed macros be acceptable ?

Yours sincerely.

--
Stanley Hopcroft