ulimit for NRPE

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Tue Feb 1 17:36:14 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:03:01AM +0100, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> This is simple enough to do outside of the daemon, so it will probably
> not be implemented any time soon inside it. At least not without a
> patch. Which reminds me. I've got to get going on that 2.1 release.
Can you give me an example of how this might be done in inetd
mode? I'd think that one would have to put the limit on all of
inetd as opposed to just NRPE.

> simple syscall. Would anybody be interested in hacking up some
> BSD/AIX/HPUX/Tru64 code for that? I'm thinking the equivalence of the
> sysinfo(2) and statfs(2) syscalls on linux, for starters.
I'd be concerned that doing so will lead to NRPE being part
transport and part plugin which will lead to less stability.
I suggest focusing on things to make it a better / more secure
execution daemon.

-Jason Martin
--
Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.