Patch to compile check_mysql on 64bit systems

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Dec 7 19:45:57 CET 2005

Frank Wittig wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> check_mysql fails to build on 64bit systems because of a static path in
> the configure scripts. I don't have fixed the underlaying problem but my
> patch will make it build.

First of all, this thread belongs on nagiosplug-devel, not on nagios-devel.

Secondly, this patch completely breaks support for all 32-bit mysql
installations out there, which I guess makes up about 99% of them all.
Hence, the patch you sent is completely worthless, (although the
bugreport ofcourse is not). When submitting patches it's usually wise to
make sure that you don't fix it for yourself while landing others (a
majority in this case) in trouble, or the patch simply has to be refuted.

A simpler and less timeconsuming fix would have been for you to do

	$ ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib64/mysql

or create a symlink named 'mysql' in /usr/lib, pointing to /usr/lib64/mysql.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se