Notice about images comes with Nagios

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at t-online.hu
Sun Dec 4 17:44:44 CET 2005

Hi!

I just installed Nagios 1.3 on a machine and realized that after
installation there is a "redudancy.png" and a "redundancy.png" in the
/usr/local/nagios/share/images directory. These are in the untarred source
directory PATH/nagios-1.3/html/images also.

I think these pictures should not be there.

There are such images in the PATH/nagios-1.3/html/docs/images source
directory and in the /usr/local/nagios/share/docs/images directory.  I
assume that these are the correct places.

However it seems to me that redundancy.png and redundancy.png are identical.
Do we need both of them?

I have another question: I know that there is some legacy (licenc) issue
with gif images. Nagios comes with a lot of GIF images and some JPG and PNG
image as well. Won't be better if all of the images would be PNGs?

Thanks, Tamas!