FreeBSD thread issues

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sat Aug 20 22:41:39 CEST 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Charles Sprickman wrote:
>>
>> I will make an offer again, anyone that needs access to a FreeBSD box for
>> development, please contact me.  I have a 5.4 box that I can create a jail
>> on (ie: you can have a sandboxed root) and a 4.11 box as well.
>
> Oh, all right, if you're going to be stubborn about it. ;)
>
> It would be nice to try the benchmarking code on a FreeBSD box. If it runs
> with the same results as on Linux, I'd say we're good to go for implementing
> it (provided Ethan decides on going along with it ofcourse).
>
> I'll email you my contact info and SSH key off-list. Root access won't be
> necessary, so long as I can get a decent value on ulimit -n (256 should do
> it, as per posix minimum).

That sounds great.  I'm a little swamped with screwing around with a new
server, specifically getting IPMI to do console redirection properly, but
I'll try to get everything ready by Tuesday at the latest.  I've got a 5.4
box at Bway, and I'll just give you a jail there.  At home I've got a 4.11
box which is also used by the gnu-radius developer (Sergey) and I'll just
give you an account there.

Let me know what you need as far as any gnu tools beyond the basics (gcc
and the toolchain, gmake) and I'll get everything installed that you might
need.

Thanks,

Charles