FreeBSD thread issues

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Aug 19 23:57:42 CEST 2005

Charles Sprickman wrote:
> Please excuse the top-post...
>
> I will make an offer again, anyone that needs access to a FreeBSD box
> for development, please contact me.  I have a 5.4 box that I can create
> a jail on (ie: you can have a sandboxed root) and a 4.11 box as well.

Oh, all right, if you're going to be stubborn about it. ;)

It would be nice to try the benchmarking code on a FreeBSD box. If it
runs with the same results as on Linux, I'd say we're good to go for
implementing it (provided Ethan decides on going along with it ofcourse).

I'll email you my contact info and SSH key off-list. Root access won't
be necessary, so long as I can get a decent value on ulimit -n (256
should do it, as per posix minimum).

> Thanks,

Likewise.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se