end cycle of Nagios

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Apr 21 21:21:47 CEST 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Alain wrote:

<snip>
> The script is a programme C.
> I would like to synchronise my program with the cycle of monitoring,
> but my program is completly independant of nagios.
> I would like to know when Nagios has finished is cycle of monitoring to
> gather syslog information and analyse result !

You are assuming that all checks are completed at the same interval and
that there is a common interval for all checks.

The recommend "smart" check scheduler incorporates floating windows that
prevent load spikes due to multiple checks being done at the same time.

Also since each service can have independent intervals - you can have one
service that is checked in a 5 min interval and another that is checked
every 60 min.  In scenarios like this - there is no end of cycle.

To analyze the data - you may want to look at the content of "status.log"
and get a snapshot of check results.

--
-sg