database support nagios 2.0

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Wed Apr 13 17:48:37 CEST 2005

I'm curious how invasive your code is to nagios' code, because it seems
like it would have to be very invasive to reach your goals, and that
quickly becomes a maintenance nightmare, both for you and for the
people that use your code.

One of the things I really liked about my design of Nagios-DB was that
it doesn't touch the nagios code at all. Of course, that means you
won't get any benefit from using it unless you also stop using the CGIs
that come with Nagios, and, being implemented as a NEB module with
Nagios' current NEB architecture, it means that configuration
information can't be stored in the database. But those aren't problems
for me. YMMV.

What I would suggest doing, if you're hellbent on putting everything
into the database, is to expand the NEB architecture such that NEB
modules can replace most, if not all, of the configuration parameters.
That seems like it would be a better use of time to me.