Patches for Nagios current

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Sep 30 19:21:20 CEST 2004

Matthew Kent wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 05:32, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>
>>One of the patches fixes a SIGSEGV caused by one of two strdup(NULL)
>>calls in xdata/xpddefault.c, where two variables (for perfdatafiles)
>>aren't checked for NULL-ness before being strdup()'ed into the macro_x
>>array. The patch properly replaces those macros with empty strings if
>>the variables are NULL.
>

> Same issue fixed here
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.devel/1108

Silly me. I posted replies to that, so I should have remembered.

> Anyone know if Ethan is on a break of some sort? Would be nice to get
> some of these applied.

Last CVS update was (according to Last modified entries) 2004-08-13.
That's a bit weird. A lot of stuff has been fixed since. I'm thinking it
might not be a bad idea to set up two separate CVS repositories. One
where Ethan can post the official code, and one where at least a couple
of active developers can have update access.

I've been wanting to do it that way for a long time for the plugins.
Official work on those has been at a stale-mate for a long time now.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer