Performance values, what to use? (Was: Documentation Error)

Ben Clewett Ben at clewett.org.uk
Wed Sep 8 09:45:50 CEST 2004

Karl, I have re-posted to plugin-devel at list.sourceforge.net for some
fuller discussion.

I do have one comment.  Sending a string as a metric value is not
something the protocol supports.  I also believe the aim of this
protocol is to storing numerical performance data.  Which can be
imported to PP or RRD.  I am not sure that passing a string is a good
idea.  No plugin currently does this.   Can you explain further why you
would want to pass a string as a performance value?

Regards, Ben.