hard-fail check interval?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu Oct 21 03:55:50 CEST 2004

Nagios 2.0 implements some of what I call "adaptive monitoring"
features.  One of these features allows you to change a hosts's retry
and normal check intervals from an external command.  Similiar
functionality exists for services, so this would be easy to implement
using an event handler script.

On 19 Oct 2004 at 12:39, atticus at satanic.org wrote:

> Was considering adding an additional knob to control check intervals
> for services in a hard-fail state. My present motivation would be to
> start checking more aggressively (somewhere between interval's check
> and retry) after something has failed, though I could see a
> justification for backing off checks (i.e. for resource-intensive
> checks).
>
> Pretty quick change, but was curious on feedback before digging into
> testing (..and presumably since this I'd need to apply to 2.0 as
> well).

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---