hard-fail check interval?

atticus at satanic.org atticus at satanic.org
Tue Oct 19 21:39:18 CEST 2004

Was considering adding an additional knob to control check intervals for
services in a hard-fail state. My present motivation would be to start
checking more aggressively (somewhere between interval's check and retry)
after something has failed, though I could see a justification for backing
off checks (i.e. for resource-intensive checks).

Pretty quick change, but was curious on feedback before digging into
testing (..and presumably since this I'd need to apply to 2.0 as well).