More developers [Was: event broker -> SQL questions]

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Sun Oct 17 19:12:42 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 02:07:22PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> I wouldn't know. If you have a look at
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=7906 you can see
> the CVS activity. It's about one checkin/month so it's not completely
> stopped, but not very active either.
> Karl De Bisschop hasn't committed anything for nagios or nagiosplug in a
> very long time, so he might have abandoned both projects, but I don't know.
>
> Ethan; How about adding a couple of people to the developer list so we
> can check in bugfixes and patches? It should speed up development
> tremendously so Nagios 2 can be out of alpha state sometime this year.
I'd like to second that motion.  I've seen a lot of patches go
by and the CVS activity hasn't been all that responsive.  If the
patch queue doesn't clear up a bit there is an increasing chance
someone will fork and go off in another direction in order to
keep development moving and suit their own needs, which will
just fragment the community and overall make a mess of things.

Allowing a few more carefully selected people write access to
CVS would break up the logjam and allow continued development
under one project.  Having one 'official' build is a very good
thing. The fork scenario should be avoided if possible otherwise
the project might fall apart.

-Jason Martin
--
Boy: A noise with dirt on it.