service notification contacts

Eldad Zack eldad at stoneshaft.ath.cx
Wed Nov 17 00:16:44 CET 2004

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 20:53, Russell Jackson wrote:
> > Unless I'm just not seeing a way around this, I suggest that
> contact-groups be optional and allow a contact list be defined directly
> within host and service definitions. This would aid greatly in the
> maintainablity of the configuration files in this situation.

That could be nice-to-have (tm)...

BUT, in the meantime, you can auto-generate your configurations.
Just generate a contactgroup for each contact you have.

for every ${contact} insert this into an auto-generated file (and include it
in nagios.cfg)

define contactgroup{
 contactgroup_name ${contact}
 members ${contact}
}

A nice bash script will set you up just fine...

I also recommend setting up a Makefile so you can just "make" and do all sort
of auto-configs.

--
Eldad Zack <eldad at stoneshaft.ath.cx>
Key/Fingerprint at pgp.mit.edu, ID 0x96EA0A93