Nagios 2.0 problems starting

Matthew Kent mkent at magoazul.com
Thu Nov 4 09:46:13 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:39, Justin Lambert wrote:
> I'm not sure on how to do a backtrace, but if you have some info I'd be
> glad to do it.

It's pretty easy, make sure you have gdb installed

mkent at fuego:~/nagios/base$ gdb nagios
GNU gdb 6.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...
(gdb) r <path to your config>/nagios.cfg

Which should run nagios in the foreground as you've been doing. When it
dies, just type 'where' or 'bt'. It should show exactly where it crapped
out. Send that here. Now type 'kill' to end your session.
--
Matthew Kent <mkent at magoazul.com>
http://magoazul.com