Deletion of the performance data log files.

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu May 20 07:09:26 CEST 2004

Two other options exist:

1.  Point the perf data logs to a named pipe, which is then read (and
flushed) by an external daemon that processes the data

2.  Modify Nagios so that at predefined intervals:
	a. The perf data log is closed
	b. A user-defined command is run (to rotate the log, process perf
data, etc.)
	c. The perf data is re-opened

The first option is the cleanest, but it requires another daemon.
The second option is probably a bit more flexible.  What are people's
thoughts on this?  Should I add option #2 into Nagios 2.0?

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org