Deletion of the performance data log files.

Ben Clewett Ben at clewett.org.uk
Tue May 18 14:26:00 CEST 2004

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

>> Ben Clewett wrote:
>>
>> I wish to parse and delete these every minute.

> You can empty it without deleting it.
> simply 'echo -n > hostperf.log ; echo -n > serviceperf.log'.

Yes, nagios seems happy with this.  At least on an ext3 Linux file system.

I presume as well that this method is the same as:

	fclose(fopen("serviceperf.log", "w"));

Anyway, this is by far the simplest behavior and I don't need a patch on
Nagios.  In Wins, will have to work on other method.  I'll have to try
and get a patch for Nagios and change this method for some later date.
(As suggested by Steve Hanselman.)

Thanks and regards, Ben.