Plugin to archive cisco configs

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Mar 19 18:13:56 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Cook, Garry wrote:

> nagios-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> > I recently spoke of using plugins to upload cisco
> > configuration files to
> > a tftp server on the Nagios Users list. The discussion didn't get very
> > far, so I thought it might be apt to try again on this list.
> >
> [snip]
>
> Sorry, wrong list. I meant to send to Nagiosplug-devel. Comments are
> still welcome, and I'm guessing that I'll still reach most of the same
> people, so I won't resend unless requested.

I would include it as a plugin if we could be sure that on average it will
take less that 10 sec for a configuration to be downloaded.  This way you
get an OK about the download, error if host not responding.

Downside - if the plugin takes longer and Nagios kills the proc - what
state will the config be in?

--
-sg