Announce: new DB-based Configuration System (beta)

Ian Holsman kryton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 23:37:29 CEST 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:55:12 +0200, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:

> Ian Holsman wrote:
> >
> > This requires a patched up version of nagios 1.2 which can read it's
> > configuration from a MySQL db.
>
> Have you managed to get it in 3NF, and if so, can you supply either a
> logical chart or the physical schematics?

it is mostly in 3NF
the schema is available here:
http://svn.webperf.org/WebSVN/listing.php?repname=Nagios&path=/trunk/schema/&rev=0&sc=1

the only 'add-on' which isn't really in nagios is the concept of
applications and systems.
a system is a collection of hostgroups.

an application is the description of a app (say a apache webserver, or
a tomcat appserver) which runs on multiple hostgroups, but maybe on
different ports, and with different people responsible for it.
a 'VIP' refers to a load balancer group (usually how other things
access your group of machines) and have a more strict set of check
times/notifications

Regards
Ian

ps.. feedback is welcome, and if there is enough interest I'll set up
a mailing list (or we can just discuss it here if thats ok)