[Nagios-users] Re: How to Loggout?

Eldad Zack eldad at stoneshaft.ath.cx
Fri Jun 4 15:58:12 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 16:05, Leonardo Henrique Machado wrote:
> Devel Team,
> I realy think it's a very important feature that nagios lacks. Why cannot
> Nagios handle the autentication by it self?
> We could also have an admin interface to let the contacts change their
> passwords. I don't think that the it would be a security hole (.htaccess
> is also very unsafe).
>
> I hope it could be in Nagios 2.0.

According to the plans, you'd have to wait for nagios 3.0 which will
implement PHP interface.
As of now, the authentication is done by HTTP meaning that the only way
to logout is to close your browser (or if you're using mozilla firefox,
you can clear the authentication...)

I've done a partial PHP implementation for nagios for my company exactly
for that reason. However, it can only be used with nagios 1.x (as the
status formats changed). It also could use a rewrite. If anyone is
interested I'd try to get it up to shape and release it.

--
Eldad Zack <eldad at stoneshaft.ath.cx>