Bug in Parameter Parsing ...

Percy Jahn jahn at kima.mv.ad.uni-kl.de
Wed Jun 2 10:53:47 CEST 2004

Hello ,

  yesterday ive updated my nagios-cvs installation from 20.jan to the
  version from yesterday (01.jun).
  Im using this system to check about 1500 Hosts. About 1100 of them
  are in a generic servicegroup. The members line of this is about 24000
  characters long (configuration is exported by a hand written perl script
  out of our host database).
  The new nagios version crashes with a segfault loading/verifying this
  configuration.
  Ive looked in the source and found the MAX_XODTEMPLATE_INPUT_BUFFER macro.
  Setting this value to 65535 (this value is by the way hardcoded for
  my_fgets in xodtemplate.c) resolves the crashing problem.

  Sorry ive no debugger by the hand, so i cant look closer.

--
Best regards
Percy