command-line config directives

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Tue Jul 27 19:42:30 CEST 2004

Has any thought been given to allowing Nagios to accept
command-line directives at startup? For example, I was thinking
that for some failover conditions it would be handy to be able
to invoke Nagios with 1 or more extra cfg_dir or cfg_file
directives without having to play games with rewriting or
overwriting the nagios.cfg. Would this be hard to do?

I'd imagine the syntax would be something like ./nagios -c
../etc/nagios.cfg -o cfg_dir=/some/dir

Thanks,
-Jason Martin
--
After all is said and done, usually more is said.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.