Suggestions for statusmap.cgi

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sat Aug 28 21:15:32 CEST 2004

Horvath Tamas wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> It would be very nice, if we can configure the line type and width
> between objects at statusmap. It can be done for example in the
> hostextinfo file via a 'connectiontype' and 'connectionbandwidth'
> directives.

I believe adding new features to the CGI part of Nagios is pretty much
stagnant until someone undertakes the task of rewriting it in a
non-compiled language designed for web interface use (PHP and Perl comes
to mind, the former ofcourse being preferred).

> Sorry but I'm not a programmer, just a satisfied Nagios user and fun, so
> I couldn't be able to provide a patch.:(

Well.. you've raised the idea, so someone might implement it. Unless you
decide to learn C for yourself, that is. It's not terribly complicated
after all.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer