A 1.3 Nag release ?

Ian Holsman kryton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 04:54:08 CEST 2004

what I found worked well (as a addition to hashing) was to add a
linked lists of services
for a given host on the host record, and have a pointer to the host
record from the service record.

this can be used to avoid a lot of searches of this pattern

foreach ( service ) {
   if strcmp( service.hostname , hostname_wanted ) {
    do something
 }
}

hostec = findhost( hostname_wanted)
foreach ( hostrec->services ) {
   do something
}

regards
Ian
(I can make a seperate patch of this for 2.0 if ethan is interested
enough to apply it)