A 1.3 Nag release ?

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Aug 23 15:57:13 CEST 2004

nagios-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Dear Folks,
>
> I am keen to back port the 2.0 embedded Perl changes (to re-init the
> Perl interpreter after 'n' checks, so that the size of the
> Nagios binary
> does not grow without limit).
>
> Is there any interest in a 1.3 release with (at a minimum)
> embedded Perl
> changes ie from 2.0

I would be interested in seeing this. Although not due to the BSD issues
that you mention below. I have trouble getting buy-in to upgrade to the
latest 'non-stable' version, so a 1.3 release with added patches would
be ideal. Do you see a benefit from also adding the chained hash patch
to speed up the CGIs?

[snip]

> Since I anticipate trouble (TM) with the thread support on *BSD
> systems of Nag 2.0, there may be some point in maintaining the 1.x
> series.
>
> I don't feel strongly about this since the 2.0 release looks extremely
> good.  Unfortunately *BSD systems may struggle with it.
[snip]

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)