[Nagios-users] Re: Perl problems in Nagios 2.0a1 (Tom DE BLENDE (GCC))

Tom DE BLENDE (GCC) Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Tue Aug 17 13:19:50 CEST 2004

Dear Stanley,

As always thank you very much for your reply.

>2 the code in the CVS tarball/checks.c looks relatively familiar; looks
>like the same code (except re-init Perl interp, .. back-patch) I am
>using happily in 1.2.
>
>Is this what you are using ?

I am using 1.0, but that turned out to be quire irrelevant.

>Are the exec bits (modes) set on your Perl plugins ? - pretty lame I
>know ..

Yes.

>1 To find out what's breaking you need to compile Nag with DEBUG1 (see
>the configure help to find how to do this), then run Nag in foreground
>and catch the output.

This turned out to be the way to go. From the output I could see that
Nag behaved nicely, but the plugins were the problem. They couldn't
locate utils.pm. Some had the path hard coded to the netsaint
installation I used ages go.

So sorry for the much unnecessary noise I created on this list. I'll now
crawl back under a stone and sulk for so much ignorance from my side.
Though reading how dreadfully useless the Nagios doco is should help me
put things in perspective...

Thanks,
Tom