Suggestion for next versions

Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de Thomas.Zimmer at oppenheim.de
Tue Aug 17 08:55:56 CEST 2004

Hi again. For the next versions of nagios i have some suggestions (granted
for my special needs), which might be useful for others, too
 and perhaps are not too complicate to implement:

- timeperiods with second-intervals (i am monitoring some scripts running <
1 min.)
- some integration of timeperiods to "trends" (the above scripts show most
of hte time critcical states, you nearly can´t see the ok-states)
- "views" on the web interface, defined groups and users should only see the
hosts or services they are assigned to (by the way, is there anything wrong
with authentication in nagiosV2? I may see everything without auth.)
- integration of an easy object-config-gui (like nawui)

Maybe i can help somehow. I didn´t spend much time on viewing the sources
yet, but i´m surely going to...
May i re-ask my question about getting the top-output of a certain machine
onto the web-interface (see posting "Top-Output")? Any suggestions for this?

Greetz, thomas.

Thomas Zimmer
Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie.
Praktikant / IT