Notification escalate too fast if no one notified

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Aug 13 03:04:16 CEST 2004

I was thinking the same, although I was thinking more along the lines
of a global directive in the main config file.  A host/service-
specific option in the notification options would allow a finer level
of control, but I think a global variable might be sufficient for
most people.  Thoughts on this?  I have a lot of catchup patching to
do this weekend, so I can add this feature at the same time.

On 12 Aug 2004 at 18:21, Shad L. Lords wrote:

> After discussing this issue at length I think the best solution would
> be to have a option that is configurable to sepecify if you want the
> system to try to escalate even if no one is notified.  I was thinking
> along the lines of adding an extra option to the notification_options
> for both hosts and services.
>
> something like:
>
> define service{
>     host_name  testhost
>     service_description testservice
>     notification_options  w,u,c,r,f,x
>     notifications_enabled  1
>    }
>
> Where the 'x' (or whatever letter we wanted) would indicate that
> escalate the notifications for this service even if no one was
> notified.  That way all sides would be happy and you could configure
> the box the way you wanted.
>
> If no one gets around to writing this or patching I will try to take a
> stab at it next week,
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Shad

Ethan Galstad,