Notification escalate too fast if no one notified

Shad L. Lords lists at lordsfam.net
Fri Aug 13 02:21:33 CEST 2004

After discussing this issue at length I think the best solution would be to
have a option that is configurable to sepecify if you want the system to try
to escalate even if no one is notified.  I was thinking along the lines of
adding an extra option to the notification_options for both hosts and
services.

something like:

define service{
    host_name  testhost
    service_description testservice
    notification_options  w,u,c,r,f,x
    notifications_enabled  1
   }

Where the 'x' (or whatever letter we wanted) would indicate that escalate
the notifications for this service even if no one was notified.  That way
all sides would be happy and you could configure the box the way you wanted.

If no one gets around to writing this or patching I will try to take a stab
at it next week,

Thanks,

-Shad