Small request for later version of Nagios.

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Aug 11 05:48:03 CEST 2004

This is an old request, but I'm playing catch-up here...  The
$HOSTSTATE$ and $SERVICESTATE$ macros will give you the info you're
looking for.  They can be used in the perf data routines and will
contain a text string with the condition of the service or host (e.g.
"OK", "WARNING", etc.)  Nagios 2.x has two new variables:
$HOSTSTATEID$ and $SERVICESTATEID$, which indicate the integer
equivalent of the host or service status.

On 8 Jun 2004 at 8:53, Ben Clewett wrote:

> Dear Nagios,
>
> I hope this is the right place for a request for a new feature.
>
> I am processing the performance data from Nagios, for permanent
> storage and analysis for my little PerfParse project.
> (http://perfparse.sourceforge.net)
>
> The service log gives me the time, host, service, plugin output and
> performance data.  One thing it does not give me is the condition of
> the result.  Whether it was critical, warning, unknown or OK.
>
> This can sometimes be worked out from the performance data, or if the
> output contains the string 'OK'.  But this is not rigorous.  Some
> plugins do not produce performance data, some that do don't give the
> warning and critical thresholds.  Others don't give a text output
> which can be parsed.  Eg, the MySQL output does not contain 'OK' or
> anything else.  Or what should 'Connection refused by host' be
> interperated as, warning or critical?
>
> I would therefore with respect, ask that the state of the service be
> included in the serviceperf.log file, for the use of programs like
> mine attempting to record an accurate history of Nagios.
>
> Thanks again for such a good program in Nagios!
>
> Ben Clewett.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---