Additional macros for service

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Aug 11 05:24:15 CEST 2004

This gets into the area of user-defined attributes for objects
(hosts, services, etc).  I was hoping to get these into the 2.x code,
but I don't think they'll make it.  I would like to allow people to
add custom attributes to any object type they'd like, have them
replicate using templates and make them available in macros, but I
have to think about the best way to make this happen before I start
coding.  Given the large number of things that have changed in the
2.x code, I'll probably hold off until 3.0 before adding this.
Implementing this is in the works, but it is a while out.

On 6 Aug 2004 at 9:15, Jason Martin wrote:

> Hello; I have a need to pass some service-specific information
> to a notification command. The notification command sends a
> alert into a master (non-Nagios) monitoring system used by our
> operations group. This data is specific to each service.
> Currently I'm extending the service description field to contain
> this information, but it is not particularly useful for humans
> to read and it clutters up the Nagios interface.
>
> Would it be possible to add an 'extra_data' field into host and
> service definitions that is made available as a macro to
> notifications?
>
> Thank you,
> -Jason Martin
> --