Nagios::Cmd perl module

Al Tobey albert.tobey at priority-health.com
Tue Sep 23 15:26:20 CEST 2003

Actually, I'd love to put it on CPAN, but I'd rather see it go there as
part of a larger "suite" of modules.  I'll probably be looking at doing
a larger object-oriented set of configuration modules for Nagios
sometime soon, so it would likely go in with those.

If a maintainer of one of the other perl modules would like to include
it, I can send out my test script.

-Al
On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 03:26, Stanley Hopcroft wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am writing to thank you for Nagios::Cmd. It looks Good (TM).
>
> I have one insignificant suggestion that may help both you (well ..) and
> the 'community': that you submit it to CPAN so that
>
> - the other Nagios modules won't feel lonely
>
> - you are obliged to provide test.pl or t/*.t so that the CPAN
> autotesting can proceed.
>
> This is a seriously XP hint about improving your code (no matter how
> good it is). It not only assures you that the code is runnable when you
> shipped it - sometimes a big problem on alien platforms - but gives you
> and your customers a baseline to start from should something go wrong.
>
> <rant>
> - you play your part in the Perl world domination plan (see Perl v6
> eagerly waited for)
> </rant>
>
> Yoours sincerely.

** ** **  PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL  ** ** **
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and
may be a violation of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a
person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient,
please delete the email and immediately notify the sender via the email
return address or mailto:postmaster at priority-health.com.  Thank you.