Interested in Nagios<->ruleCore integration?

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Sun Nov 16 04:46:28 CET 2003

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0311121706160.17950-100000 at www.sportscanner.com>,
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marco_Seiri=F6?= writes:

>We have built a kind event pattern detector, or event correlation engine
>as it also could be called. It's free and you can get it under GPL from
>www.rulecore.com
>
>I have been getting a number of requests to use ruleCore together with
>Nagios. But this requires some work to make Nagios and ruleCore talk to
>each other. I don't have any experience with Nagios so I wonder if
>somebody would be interested in doing this integration.

Search the nagios-devel list for "sec". You will find Stanley Hopcroft
and my discussion on integrating nagios and sec, the simple event
correlator. I posted my patches and supporting scripts in this
message:

  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5822542

I was dissapointed that nobody (other than Stanley) really seemed
interested in integrating a general purpose correlation tool into
nagios. Never even got a comment from Ethan good or bad.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard