Fix: Nagios + OpenBSD 3.4 not recognizing GD libraries

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Sat Nov 15 01:18:07 CET 2003

Hey folks,

   I've been beating my head against this for a little while as I try to
find time to work on an OpenBSD port for Nagios...  Nagios, when built on
an OpenBSD 3.4 (possibly 3.3 as well) machine, will not find GD even when
--with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc are specified on the configure command
line.

   This is due to the need to have the following specified when running
the configure script:

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lttf"

   So, on an OpenBSD machine with png, jpeg, gd, and ttf installed from
the OpenBSD ports tree, the following works fine:

env LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lttf" ./configure <optional flags here>

   Using this, you do not need to specify --with-gd-lib and --with-gd-inc.
HUGE kudoes go to Julien Touche, who figured out these details.

   I'm assuming configure.in needs to be modified, but I suck too much as
a developer to figure it out.  :)  Hopefully, it'll help someone in the
future.

Benny

--

"Legend has it that once 100 posts have been made, The Dark Lord
Bernstein will rise from the prison of ice and wage his inevitable