[Nagios-users] Updated RPM for Nagios 1.0

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri May 30 21:08:22 CEST 2003

On 30 May 2003 at 7:20, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> I have updated the RPM for nagios 1.0 to fix install problems under
> Red Hat 9 and to incorporate some patches submitted on the
> nagios-devel list.
>
> The SRPM should work for Red Hat 7.x, 8.0, and 9, and can be found at:
>

>  http://karl.debisschop.net/src/nagios-1.0-4.src.rpm
>
> RPMs for Red Hat 9 are at
>
>  http://karl.debisschop.net/src/redhat/9/nagios-*1.0-4.i386.rpm
>
> The patches applied related to:
>
>  - PostgreSQL 7.3 timestamps (but these are in xdata ahich are not
>    currently built by the RPM)
>  - File descriptor leak (xpdfile.c)
>  - Small doco fix (xodtemplate.html)
>  - Bug in cgi/cmd.c (initialize time if CGI form is empty)
>  - Bug in cgi/history.c (missing semicolons)
>
> Turns out to be harder than one would expect to gather the patches.
> There is no stable brach in the CVS, and people generally neglct to
> mention if a patch applies to 1.0 or to CVS.
>
> But I look through the archives for all the patches I could find that
> were clearly for 1.0 and were 'blessed' by Ethan. Let me know of other
> important patches I missed.
>
> Please post comments to nagios-devel at lists.sf.net
>
> --
> Karl DeBisschop <kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com>

I was just about to release 1.1 on my day off, so this is good
timing.  I forgot to apply the cmd CGI patch to the 1.x branch, but
will do so ASAP.  FYI, the stable branch of CVS for 1.x is called
nagios-1-x-bugfixes.

I believe the Postgres timestamp patch (submitted by jbearce on Nov.
6th) was already applied to 1.0, although there might have been a
later patch that I missed.  Other than that, you got all the patches
since 1.0 (there weren't many).

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---