Comment associated with scheduled downtime

Rob Pitman rob at pitman.co.za
Wed May 7 14:41:32 CEST 2003

Hi,

When I schedule downtime for a service or host, the form displays a field
where a comment must be entered. But after I have scheduled the downtime
and I view the comment associated with the service, the comment I entered
doesn't appear; instead, the comment is:

"This service has been scheduled for downtime starting between %s and %s for
a period of %d hours and %d minutes.  Notifications for the service will
not be sent out during that time period."

Also, the author is shown as "(Nagios Process)" instead of the person who
really scheduled the downtime.

I know that the real comment and the real author can be viewed by clicking
on the "Downtime" button in the side-panel, but I feel that the real
comment and the real author should also be displayed when viewing the
service details.

I attach a suggested patch that causes the real comment, combined with the
above message about the scheduled downtime, to be displayed. Also, the
person who scheduled the downtime is shown instead of "(Nagios Process)".

Thanks,
Rob Pitman