PHP user interface for Nagios

Jesús M. NAVARRO jesus_navarro at undominio.net
Mon Jun 2 21:51:24 CEST 2003

Hi, list:

I've been hacking some PHP files for a Nagios UI.  I read what's about PHP
from the Nagios developer team perspective (that is; it would be nice, but
it's not high in their todo list) so I designed this as a fast drop-in
replacement for what's already there.

Major characteristics:
* GPL (of course, while I still haven't included GPL notices within source
files).
* "Proper" authentication through sessions (it uses Apache files from htpasswd
and reads roles from the cgi.cfg nagios' file).
* Themes support (through the use of Smarty templates).
* No need of cgi support (it includes php wrappers which call in turn the cgi
executables through system calls) nor cgi rewriting (the php files use cgi
extension so hardcoded links within the cgis point to the correct locations).

What is still not there?
* The wrappers for CGIs that embed figures (like statusmap.cgi and some
reports) don't work yet.
* The wrappers for CGIs that use both GET and POST variables (notably cmd.cgi)
don't work either.

What do I want to achieve?
* End up with fully separated functionallity from nagios "core" (the engine
and plugins) and nagios-ui (the user interface).
* Fully themeable and multi-language support.
* Easy to deploy environment (so it's easy for everyone to modify ui to their
own needs through themes and/or new php code).

You can find it at http://www.undominio.net/nagios_ui/index.html

I'd want to know about your feedback and opinions.
TIA.
--
SALUD,
Jesús