DEFAULT_CGI_CONFIG_FILE

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Mon Jun 2 17:06:33 CEST 2003

I already have a patch for this that was submitted.  It will be included
in the Nagios 2.0 release (1st item in the Upcoming list).  I believe
information on this patch is available in the FAQ.  If not, just let me
know and I will send it out again.  Conceptually, the patch does exactly
what you are talking about.  It reads the location of cgi.cfg from an
environment variable set in httpd.conf, so you can set up multiple sets
of the CGIs looking at different Nagios instances with no need to recompile.

Russell Scibetti

John Arley Burns wrote:

>Searching through the nagios/cgi sources you can find the C define
>"DEFAULT_CGI_CONFIG_FILE" throughout the cgi code.  Unfortunately this
>is not only the default config file but the only config file.  I need
>to change the config file at runtime, not compile time, and with nagios
>this is impossible.
>
>Fortunately, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.  Just let it get the
>configuration from another source, perhaps an Apache configuration, so
>that it can be configured at runtime just like the rest of nagios.
>
>--arley

Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.
http://www.quadrix.com