Nagios Statistics

Daniel Henninger daniel at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Dec 4 15:37:19 CET 2003

> This information comes from the log files, not the database (nagios.log
> and the archives). You would need to remove every log entry for the host
> in question. It could probably be done fairly easily with a perl or sed
> script but there's no built in facility in nagios.
>
> If you changed the name of the host that would have the same effect.

Then what are the database entries time_ok, time_warning, time_critical,
and time_unknown for exactly?  Are they regularly calculated from the logs
or something?  (or on startup?)  I write a lot of external interfaces to
nagios's database, which access mysql directly.  I pulled those fields
from there.  They seem to be nice and accurate.  ;)  But they are accurate
since the "dawn of time" for that host.  I was under the impression that
those servicestatus table entries (time_ok, etc) were kept up separately
from the logs.

Daniel