php frontend?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sun Aug 10 17:09:51 CEST 2003

hi all

I just read the http://www.nagios.org/upcoming.php text (and the quoted part
below, and I keep wondering why the php frontend should wait as far as early
2004. The text states that several developers have voted to contribute
time/code to speed this up. Although these seem to want to use time to do
this, it's not accepted without any given reason.

I just wonder - how many active developers are there in the Nagios project?
How can this potentially be increased, so the frontend'll be opened up with
php?

ps. no offence - I just want Nagios better :)

roy

From the bottom line of  http://www.nagios.org/upcoming.php:

	Note To Developers: I have had several people contact me regarding their
	desire to start working on a PHP interface for Nagios. At this time I am
	concentrating on 2.0, and therefore cannot work on a PHP replacement for the
	CGIs (which will not appear until 3.0). Keep in mind that 3.0 is probably a
	year away (early 2004?). I am not in any hurry to try and develop a PHP
	interface, as there are still a lot of unknowns regarding how it can/should
	be implemented. Basically what I'm saying is to hold off for a while, unless
	you want to proceed with your own PHP interface.